Rock Bands And Drummers “Stick It” To Breast Cancer With Rock ‘N’ Roll Benefits in Eight
Texas Cities During October’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Throughout October, Texas will deliver a knock-out punch to breast cancer with eight events in cities across the state – each benefiting the Breast Cancer Can Stick It! Foundation.
Founder and professional drummer April Samuels, who survived triple negative breast cancer four years ago, is bashing her drums again this October and doing her part to BEAT breast cancer. “It’s not about saving breasts, it’s about saving lives,” said Samuels, regarding her passion for her Breast Cancer Can Stick It! Foundation.
As for the eight benefits, several cities will serve as hosts for the Breast Cancer Can Stick It! events. The events will include a speaking engagement, rock concerts, a motorcycle ride, and a chili cook-off. Most of which will be accompanied by festival-oriented fundraising activities such as kissing booths, raffles (including guitars, autographed rock ‘n roll and sports memorabilia, and more!), silent auctions, “Donate to Drum”, various contests and food and beverage specials, as well as Breast Cancer Can Stick It! T-shirts, drumsticks and more.
The mission of Breast Cancer Can Stick It! is to raise awareness and funds for a cure by orchestrating energetic, unique, music-minded events that rock to ultimately stick it to breast cancer.
Schedule of Events:
- September 27th, 1 p.m., “Speaking & Drumming,” with 49th Vibration – Power of Pink Campaign, Saturday, Brighton Collectibles Stonebriar Centre, Frisco, Texas
- October 3rd, 7 p.m., “Classic Rock Night” with ZuZu Peddals, PRIVATE AFFAIR, Fairview, Texas
- October 11th, 8 p.m., “Metal Shop,” Eagles Nest Sports Bar & Grill, 8455 Boat Club Road, Fort Worth, Texas
- October 12th, 10 a.m., “Motorcycle Ride,” Texas Harley Bedford, 1839 Airport Fwy, Bedford, Texas. / 1:30 p.m. Bronson Rock Burgers & Beer, 250 S Main St, Keller, Texas
- October 17th, 8 p.m., “Rockers for Knockers,” Reno’s Chop Shop, 210 N. Crowdus, Dallas, Texas
- October 18th, 7 p.m., “Metal Shop,” Brewster Street Ice House, 1724 N. Tancahua, Corpus Christi, Texas featuring: emcee Dan Shinder, of Drum Talk TV, Troy Luccketta, drummer of Tesla, Jimmy D’Anda, drummer of Lynch Mob/Bullet Boys, 12-year-old female drum prodigy Payton Taylor, and Breast cancer survivor / Mrs. Texas International 2013, Michelle Berndt.
- October 24th, 8 p.m., “Metal Shop,” Wizard’s Sports Café, 747 S. Central Expressway, Richardson, Texas
- October 26th, 1 p.m., “Chili Cook-Off,” Brick Tavern, 7340 Texas 78, Sacshe, Texas.
Sponsors for the events include: ACLEW Photography, Andre’s Atomic Drum Works, Aquarian Drumheads, Buddy Blaze Guitars, C-101 Rocks! (Corpus), CCRV (Corpus), Coldwell Banker, Crown Trophy Plano, Drum Talk TV, Dunlop Guitar Picks, Giant Teddy, Insedia Marketing, Melissa’s Gifts for Charity, Nadine’s Music Manor, Passing the Hat, Rockett Drum Works, Sabian Cymbals, Sanders Photography, Signs by Randy, Silverfox Drumsticks, SnS Tree Service, and A Song 4 Wellness.
For merchandise, to make a donation, or for more information about Breast Cancer Can Stick It!, come to any one of the events or visit: breastcancercanstickit.org.