Neil Peart Spirit of Drumming Scholarship
Are you an aspiring drummer looking to take your skills to the next level? Look no further! Modern Drummer and Consequence are proud to present the annual Neil Peart Spirit of Drumming Scholarship in memory of the legendary drummer and member of the band Rush. With the support of his family, this scholarship provides a unique opportunity for an up-and-coming drummer to receive 52 weeks of free drum lessons, a 1-year subscription to Modern Drummer All Access, and a selection of Modern Drummer merchandise.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must be between the ages of 14 and 21, not a professional musician, and not a party to any sponsorship or entertainment contract that conflicts with the spirit of the scholarship. To apply, submit a 2-minute video of your playing and a short essay describing how Neil Peart’s playing and legacy have impacted your drumming, and why this scholarship will be significant to both your life and your drumming
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to be inspired by the legacy of “The Professor” Neil Peart. All submissions must be received by March 28, 2023, and entries will be reviewed in the order they are received. Apply now and join Modern Drummer and Consequence in celebrating the life and legacy of Neil Peart by inspiring an up-and-coming young drummer like yourself.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY: IF YOU’RE 14 YEARS OF AGE OR YOUNGER, PLEASE READ THIS!
If you are a child under 14 years of age, you should not submit any personal information without the written consent of your parents or legal guardian. If you are under 14 and want to submit your personal information to us, you should ask your parents to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifically authorizing us to collect your personal information through this website. We do not intend to sell, license, or trade any such information collected to third parties. Parents may also review or change the personal information of their children provided to us or further refuse our collection of such information by sending an email to email@example.com. In the event that any child 14 years old or younger has a winning entry, the winning prize shall only be delivered to such child’s parents or legal guardian.
- To enter: fill in all required fields on the entry form, including your full name, address, city, state, zip code, daytime phone number, and email address. Personal information (name, email address, etc.) collected for the scholarship will not be shared with third parties and will only be used to deliver prize to the winner.
- ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
- CONTEST BEGINS ON JANUARY 28, 2023, AND ENDS ON MARCH 28, 2023.
- The winner will be selected by a panel of five judges from among all eligible entries received by the MARCH 28, 2023 deadline by Modern Drummer Publications, Inc. All decisions of the judges are final, and you agree that such decisions are not open to challenge. The winner will be announced through Modern Drummer social media channels. If Modern Drummer is unable to contact the winner by email or phone and/or if the potential winner does not respond to the notification within one (1) day, the potential winner will forfeit his/her right to the prize, and an alternate winner will be selected. The winner will be asked to sign an affidavit of eligibility, a general release of liability and consent to the use of his/her name, photograph and video for promotional purposes, including online advertisements, without additional compensation of any kind, except where prohibited by law.
- Contestants must be qualified participants to enter to the scholarship. A “Qualified Entrant” is defined as someone who is a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia, between the ages of 14 and 21 years of age (entrants under the age of 18 must have valid written consent from a parent or guardian before entering the contest, which will need to be evidenced to reclaim any prize won and sponsor may require proof that you are eligible to enter the contest), is not a professional musician, and is not a party to any sponsorship or entertainment contract that, in Modern Drummer’s judgment, conflicts with the spirit of the scholarship. One entry per email address. Multiple entries will be disqualified. Employees of Modern Drummer Publications, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, advertising agencies and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, siblings, children and their spouses) are not eligible.
- The Prize: One (1) winner will receive, on behalf of “The Neil Peart Spirit of Drumming” prize, 52 weeks of free drum lessons from a world-class drum instructor, along with a 1 year subscription to Modern Drummer, plus a selection of merchandise from Modern Drummer. No substitutions or cash alternatives. Winning entries will be considered submitted by the email account holder. One prize is limited to one family or household. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Prize: $5,000.00.
- Neither Modern Drummer Publications, Inc, nor any Internet access provider is responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entries, human error, technical failures, loss or delay in data transmission, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access the web sites, damage to user’s computer system (hardware and software) due to participation in this scholarship, or late, lost, incomplete, misdirected or illegible entries. If, in the opinion of Modern Drummer Publications, Inc. there is suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any part of the scholarship, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the scholarship, Modern Drummer Publications, Inc. reserves the right to cancel online entries in the scholarship, accepting only legitimate entries received as of the date of cancellation and subsequent entries by mail.
- All entrants release Modern Drummer Publications, consequence Media, successors, licensees, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated companies, as well as all of their employees, officers, directors and shareholders, from any claims or damages arising in connection with their participation and/or entry in the scholarship and/or the awarding or use of any prize awarded in this scholarship.
- No purchase necessary. This scholarship is governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. This scholarship is Void where prohibited by law.