Drumerica Announces 2014 Contest Finalists
Videos to be posted at www.Drumerica.us.
Drumerica, the National Contest For Young Drummers, has announced the names of the 18 finalists in this year’s competition. They are:
• Swing/Blues (Groove Essentials Track #23): Chris Chandler
• Latin (Groove Essentials Track #42): David Cola, Varun Vektatesh and Jason Washington, Jr.
• Fast Rock (Groove Essentials Track #4): Rex Larkman, Nick Lewert and Michael Silver
• Funk (Groove Essentials Track #67): RJ Childs, Wilmer Rivera, Juleius Sanders and Sam Sobell
• Groove (Groove Essentials Track #53): Tony Curti, Scott Drazdik and Chris Kelly
• Progressive Metal “Smash”: Jacob Coleman, Jarod DeShong, Dan Silver and Lucas Zeitler
Contest organizers want to thank all the great young Drumericans who took the time to participate in this year’s contest. The judges reported that, in many cases, the scoring was very close. The finalists’ videos and all other contest entries can be viewed on the www.drumerica.us website. The 2014 Drumerica Champions will be announced the week of September 1st.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place “Drumericans” will receive nearly $25,000 in prizes from top companies such as Musician’s Friend, School Of Rock, Crush Drum, TRX Cymbals, Evans, Promark, Modern Drummer, KAT Percussion and Desert Rock Sound Studios along with Hudson Music, Drum Guru, Cympad, KickPort, Gator, CRX, Drumlite, Alternative Press, Direct Sound, Jam Hub, Bass Plate, Drum Fun and the Percussive Arts Society.
The finalists and winners are selected by judging panels made up of world-famous drummers and drum educators, including Kenny Aronoff, Gorden Campbell, Tommy Igoe, Arin Ilejay, Ray Luzier, Cobus Potgieter, Johnny Rabb, Kent Slucher, Steve Smith, Bryan Hitt, Hannah “Ford” Welton, Daru Jones, Big Mike Clemons, Jake Garland, Tino Arteaga, John DeChristopher, Demian Arriaga, Dylan Taylor, Nia Lovelis and Antoine Fadavi plus the editors of Modern Drummer magazine.
For more information about Drumerica visit www.drumerica.us and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.